Monday, June 6, 2011

My Opinion Monday - HOT, HOT, HOT!

I wish I could find the video of the beloved Dave Price from WHO TV 13's newcast from last night letting everyone know it was going to be HOT, HOT, HOT! Followed up by the weather guy Brett saying "if you have ice cream tomorrow you're going to be wanting to sit in front of your AC vent because you're not going to have any ice left in your cream!" I really, really, really wish I could find this clip - I imagine it's funnier if you're there.

But anyways, yes, it's hot, like 96 today. Now, imagine you're in an office building, 2nd floor, with NO AIR CONDITIONING! Friday was okay, it was only like 82 in the office, but today, well, today was pushing 90+; here's a picture of the thermostat in our conference room, where I happened to need to be a good majority of the day...

Temps are pushing 90 at 11AM!

And when I wasn't in this particular space, I was copying/packing/sorting/packing for our first crack at a statewide conference tomorrow. I could not NOT be in the office today. It was miserable. I was sweating, in places that should only sweat when you're either at the gym or, well, you shouldn't be sweating there! I had sweat rolling down my back to my, um, my butt crack. It was just gross, shouldn't happen in the office. 

The central air will be fixed in 2 weeks. Something about a crane and lots of money, yada yada. Until then, I'll just do a few stretches here and there and consider this my hot yoga workout for the...well forever - it's miserable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...