Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Who wants to be Felt up?

As I noted earlier, tgdesigns started out as an idea on my way home from my parents house after several days home for Christmas. It's a 4 hour drive and I've been doing it for 8 years now so it allows me a lot of time to think. A year or so ago, I decided I wanted to be a Wedding Day Coordinator on one of these drives back home, after I'd just done this for a my best friend's younger sister's wedding. I had all these ideas and have a pretty good knack for telling people what to do and then executing the idea myself so I figured I'd be good at this. Yeah well, that takes up lots of Saturday's and I really enjoy my weekends so I decided against that. I think on one occasion I was going to head back to school for an interior design degree, one had me moving home, and there were several other plans decided (then decided against) from those drives. I think that this is one I'm going to stick with...

So, felt up (this is not a family friendly blog as I may take to it to rant about something throughout the week so don't be sending your impressionable young one's over here unless you've already checked the content..deal?)...I'm working with felt right now for some (insert Miley Cyrus voice here - and click that link for a video) "pretty cool" pillows if I do say so myself. I don't really know what attracted me to felt, I just was. So here are a few of my "Round 1" designs...







I plan to get back to the craft room in the coming days to work on some new designs - I took a few months off to work out like a crazy person so I could fit into a new swimsuit and bridesmaid dress for my best friend's wedding in Jamaica and then make 300 cupcakes for her reception (plus display). So now I'm back, working on new stuff (picked up 4 new projects this weekend - who knows about the Goodwill OUTLET?? seriously, an OUTLET for Goodwill?? anyways, I think I'll be snagging a few more projects from there in the coming weeks - great place if you want to get your hands (literally) dirty!) and excited to get my launch party on!

Oh, you can follow/subscribe to my blog on the sidebar - do that so you don't miss out on anything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...