Monday, August 15, 2011

My Opinion Monday - It's not me, it's the sterotype...

On my way home from work tonight, I was behind a very nice SUV that was straddling the white line for much of the drive. Swerving in and out between driving like a normal, trained driver to a text crazed teenager. I was so annoyed.  I immediately figured it was some soccer mom with batty kids in the back trying to text her husband asking him why they ever decided to have kids in the first place...

As we approached a stop light, I was going to be heading left and she was going straight. (Yes, I assumed it was a woman, we all know we're less than stellar drivers...I have places to go, please get out of my way I need to get there...that's my mentality and I can't imagine that anyone else differs from me....). So as I slowed to stop I practically broke my neck trying to give this person the stare down, the "Don't text and drive you idiot" look.

Nevermind, she's Asian. According to sterotype, they're notoriously bad drivers so I can't be mad at her, it's just her way....

But seriously ladies, don't text and drive...I don't want to eventually be lumped into a sterotype that says I drive bad AND text and drive...save that one for the teenagers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...