Saturday, August 6, 2011

D(ecorating) Day...

After several hours of drilling, screwing, and nailing - with power tools people, get your head out of the gutter.... - I finished some decorating. This wall just kind of came together, and came together nicely I think. I'll let you be the judge...

I call it Eclectic-Contemporary-Country
Most of the items were either bought at Goodwill, from Craigslist or given to us so this was a really inexpensive day...besides the trip to Wal-Mart and Ace, again.

The most expensive item is the clock - $50 from Target but I saw it one day while I was killing some time before a hair appointment, and after only buying Goodwill for the weeks leading up to that day, I wasn't sure I wanted to spend $50 for a clock. But I did. And I'm glad I did.

Let's see what else we have here:
Turquoise E - from Etsy, Ohiopicker - $40
Old school rotary phone - $1.19/lb from the Goodwill outlet
Bulletin board - $2.99 at Goodwill
3 colored frames - $2.00 total from Exceptional Opportunities in Algona, I painted them with paint we had
Eiffel Tower lamp - $4.99 at Goodwill
White shelf - $2.99 at Goodwill
All other shelves and file cabinet - FREE - given to us by Tyler's brother as they moved to New Jersey (fist pump!)
Desk - $20 from Craigslist - lady wanted $30 but I took 2 20's and she didn't have change...SCORE!
Big white bowl - $3.00 from Exceptional Opportunities in Algona
Chair - $4.99 from Goodwill - needs some recovering but I still think it looks pretty good.

So there you have it. I didn't add it up, I never do.

The other living room wall is coming together, just not as well as this did today. I need a few more items and then it'll be done. Work in progress people, I can't do it all at once so please be patient.

....to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...