Tuesday, July 12, 2011

These are better than the color swatches I hope...

So I posted some color samples the other day when contemplating keeping the McDonald's decor or switching it out for something a little more fresh and thought I'd get some actual (cell phone) pictures of what we've got done so far. As with most of my photos, please excuse the quality - I have an older cell phone, circa 2009, with only a 3.0 mega pixel option. Maybe someday I'll have a 'big girl' camera... hint hint mom if you're wondering what to get me for my birthday in 4 months. even though we need a deep freeze, a camera would be way more fun. 


So, here is a shot of the living room with the accent wall....

Shout out to myself: notice the tgdesigns pillow that pretty much set the tone for the entire space thus far :) and the chair that I picked out fabric for and redid prior to any of this happening. I thought this was going to be a summer of drunken love, not moving in and getting all serious and stuff....

But anyways, I just noticed that you can see the extension cord running the length of the room so that we can plug the TV in. Guess what though - there's a plug in ON THE BLUE WALL RIGHT NEXT TO THE COUCH! Not sure how we didn't notice that sooner. There must have been some other stuff going on.

Like this maybe:

I can't wait to take some newer pictures...ones without a shop vac, extension cords, and red paper on the floor. If I took it from this angle today, there would be a queen size bed in the way. It's hot up here and hot in the house. We got new window treatments too and are getting a new AC this weekend - no central air peeps, kicking it Amish style for a while, no cable as of yet either. Oh and no dryer or dishwasher either, they both went kaput the other day. And then the replacement dryer I picked up on Craigslist for what I thought was steal went kaput about 5 seconds after hooking it up. I confronted the seller about a 4 or 6 beers into the evening. Went over well from what I remember. We're still stuck with 2 broken dryers but new washer and dryer are being delivered on Thursday :)

Once I we I get it all decorated, I'll be posting more pictures. I just wanted to let everyone know that it's okay to use bold colors. They really do work out. Do not be afraid of paint - it can always be redone, just ask Val.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...