Monday, July 18, 2011

My Opinion Monday - What if we did things men expected half assed?

If you read my blog or know me, you know that I recently moved in with the bf. It's been a full 3 weeks now and it's going well. He'd probably tell you I am too particular when it comes to painting and have an obsession with keeping doors closed, but hey, I wasn't born in a barn (a famous quote from my dad, referencing shutting doors, perhaps where I got that from).

Anyways, so as I was making dinner and doing dishes the other night (stupid broken dishwasher) I realized that I hadn't actually done the dishes from my most awesome, orange chicken dinner. I thoughtto myself oh yeah, I think he cleaned up after that dinner :) Unfortunately, at the bottom of the dishes pile was the pan, with some water and what use to be soapy bubbles. A mere 2 days later it still sat in the sink, unwashed. I rolled my eyes and thought "what if I did things that he expects of me half-assed?"

As I got to thinking about this, the only thing that I think guys expect of us women is sex. They could care less if we do their laundry (we all know they'll wear dirty until they smell so bad we give in and do it for them), clean the house (they're boys remember? they're use to living with other boys who do not care for a clean place either), or shut a damn door. Yeah yeah they love us and all, but let's face it, at the end of every the day,   they want to have sex with us. Which is completely fine and normal - if he doesn't, you should be concerned.

I came to this realization:  throwing a pan into the sink with some water and soap is the equivalent of  you getting blue balls. It's like us turning you on, showing some nip and throwing you the lotion as we walk out of the room. You've practically washed the pan man, about 30 seconds more and it'd be completely done! And we all know that 30 more seconds with you and you'd be completely done too :)

So guys,  the next time you're helping out after your woman made you a freakin spectacular dinner, go ahead and finish the job. After all, that is what you expect from us (even after making dinner)!




(And Mom, don't show this to dad, that would be weird. Just tell him I wrote about cleaning the toilet or something...love you, thanks!)

2 comments:

  1. I DIEDDDDDDDD LAUGHING...EMAILED my FRIEND, Carl and a few others!!!!! This is sooo true too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TRACI!!!! I AM TELLING YOUR DAD!!!!
    aunt janet

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...