Monday, September 12, 2011

My Opinion Monday - Going back (for the 3rd time) to the gym....

So I'm back to the gym this week. Hopefully I can make it a full week before I decide that I really hate it.

I'll be honest with you, I haven't been in a steady workout regime since March....like the beginning of March. Then I jetted off to Jamaica for 6 days of fun and sun. I managed to lose a half pound while I was there, so I dropped my WW membership and decided I could do it on my own.

I.WAS.WRONG.

I gained 6 of the 10lbs I'd lost for said trip to Jamaica and well, my pants are fitting anymore. It wouldn't bother me except for the fact that I have a full time co-worker now. So when my bosses are gone, I will still have someone in the office. Essentially, I can't sit at my desk with my pants unbuttoned anymore. And with the temps getting cooler, I MUST drop some weight.

So today I was back at the gym. More disheveled looking than bright eyed and bushy tailed. I learned one very important lesson today though. If you can get to the gym with Ellen is on, you should go then. That way, when you're about in tears because it hurts really bad and you're mad at yourself, everyone will think you're crying from watching Ellen! I think I perfected this today.

But you know what they say, working out sucks! no pain, no gain. And something else about blood, sweat and tears...I got 2 our of 3 today - because Ellen was on though people! And if I'm bleeding at the gym, it'd better be because I'm on my period, not because I've taken a tumble on the treadmill and busted myself all up. Doesn't matter how thin you are then, you just look like a mess when your hair gets caught in the belt....

Now go watch YouTube videos of people falling on treadmills, promise it'll make you laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...