Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Opinion Monday - Chris Brown and the Grammy Awards

(forgot to post on Monday!)

So I watched about 15 minutes of the Grammy's last night. The only 2 performances I wished I'd never saw were Chris Brown (with a whole bunch of other people) and Nicki Minaj. I'm only going to talk about Chris Brown because I have a lot to say about him...but I can sum it all up in what I posted on Facebook after his performance:

"wonder how excited the crowd would be if pictures of rhianna's beaten face flashed on the screens behind chris browns performance..."


If you want to see the picture of her face, you can click here and the read some really dumb Twitter updates (from really dumb girls) while he was performing. 

I just think it's absolutely ridiculous how he is still popular. I'm pretty sure I didn't care for his music in the first place (I wouldn't buy it if I had an ipod) but after he beat the crap out of Rhianna, I really dislike him. I'm just not sure how everyone still supports him and feels okay about it at the end of the day. 

I know that people make mistakes and bad decisions. But this decision deserves a consequence. Making him rich and famous is not a consequence. It only shows others what you can get away with. I just find it really sad and I do not and will not support him or his music. 

What I would say about Nicki Minaj pales in comparison to Chris Brown so I'll just leave it at that. 

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love everything that you said about Chris Brown. I was absolutely shocked and horribly sickened when I read about the "victimization" of the Grammy's.

    (But I do love me some Super Bass when I'm running!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...